User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Forum > Game Changes Discussion > Proposed Changes > Removal/Revision of Defensive Play Creator (DPC) discussion
Page:
 
jroma1
offline
Link
 
One potential concern is, does this put us back in the situation where, if one team's "Overall" lolbar is that little bit higher than the others (say, the difference between a 57 overall and a 54 overall), that the 54 overall team has virtually ZERO chance of winning that game? Especially at the Casual level.

I mean, I agree with the removal of the DPC. Just a thought.
 
Catch22
offline
Link
 
I think this will help us actually be able to shift some of the balance away from the offense. We spend so much time trying to address blocking logic issues (which in return affect multiple areas of the sim) that now we'll be able to focus on things that will create a more balanced game.
 
milkoman16
offline
Link
 
Another epic move that will stir the masses. Will it better the game is the question
 
Bleeds
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TrevJo
I hate this decision. Offense is still king in GLB. Aside from the 5WR formation being rendered useless, I don't see the DPC as being overpowered at all.


its not the DPC being overpowered, its the unlimited number of variables it provides making the game more difficult to balance.

this will be good for parity as well as game balance in the long run.

i do worry about what the preset plays will be like, especially with regards to the lower levels (think: PeeWee preDPC with the rushing QBs). Hopefully we can come up with some good foundations as a community.
 
89stepside
offline
Link
 
Absolutely the WRONG decision. Lame lame lame!
 
NorDoor
offline
Link
 
Looks like you'll have to buff the daylights out of the defense for them to keep up now.
Edited by NorDoor on Oct 22, 2010 11:42:12
 
XUMuskie85
offline
Link
 
What if you have a defensive scheme built around dropping a CB back into a cover 2 zone with the FS and keeping your SSs around the line?

I hope we can submit some new plays that will allow us to continue this, since our defensive players are built around this.
 
inurbase
offline
Link
 
as an OC, you've made my job ten times easier...thank you
 
Catch22
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by jroma1
One potential concern is, does this put us back in the situation where, if one team's "Overall" lolbar is that little bit higher than the others (say, the difference between a 57 overall and a 54 overall), that the 54 overall team has virtually ZERO chance of winning that game? Especially at the Casual level.

I mean, I agree with the removal of the DPC. Just a thought.


It's not like teams won't be able to coordinate. We're going to create a massive play library for coordinators to choose from.
 
Dr. E
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Catch22
I think this will help us actually be able to shift some of the balance away from the offense. We spend so much time trying to address blocking logic issues (which in return affect multiple areas of the sim) that now we'll be able to focus on things that will create a more balanced game.


I don't have blocking issues.
 
Mightyhalo
offline
Link
 
Let the d-play submissions begin.
 
Catch22
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by XUMuskie85
What if you have a defensive scheme built around dropping a CB back into a cover 2 zone with the FS and keeping your SSs around the line?

I hope we can submit some new plays that will allow us to continue this, since our defensive players are built around this.


We'll be having a contest where users can submit plays. I will announce it in a couple of days... just wanted to announce this first.
 
Bleeds
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by NorDoor
How is this going to balance the game when offenses already dominate?


because the offenses will be nerfed to be brought in line.

fewer variables and there will be a smaller variance of quality of plays to balance things against.
 
Dr. E
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by XUMuskie85
What if you have a defensive scheme built around dropping a CB back into a cover 2 zone with the FS and keeping your SSs around the line?

I hope we can submit some new plays that will allow us to continue this, since our defensive players are built around this.


This.. how do I flip my fs to the strong side now to double a WR or cover the killer receiving HB? I don't and he goes for a TD every time.
 
tragula
title
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Catch22
Originally posted by jroma1

One potential concern is, does this put us back in the situation where, if one team's "Overall" lolbar is that little bit higher than the others (say, the difference between a 57 overall and a 54 overall), that the 54 overall team has virtually ZERO chance of winning that game? Especially at the Casual level.

I mean, I agree with the removal of the DPC. Just a thought.


It's not like teams won't be able to coordinate. We're going to create a massive play library for coordinators to choose from.


Like the O one ?

Excuse me if I am skeptical.
 
Page:
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.