User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Forum > Suggestions > Suggestion: How to make GLB dots buildable on ANY day
WiSeIVIaN
online
Link
 
I think we can agree, one of GLB Classic's continued weaknesses is when player join or comeback, they often have to wait up to 40 days to get into the magic d40 to d-1 range when a player can still optimally hit plateau.

What about allowing dots in some window of time to be built and "VPB" until their age matches current dots? Obviously this would at maximum be between d1 and d39 (though it could be d1 to d20 or something if people prefer)

Positives:
-This would solve the issue of "blackout dates"
-Allows some timing to replace players that quit or go afk
-If allowable until d39 you actually give (some) owners an option to complete a 3 season (+ 1 day) plateau process if they so choose. This actually helps Bort's flex cost charged per season and would be an owner choice rather than any sort of mandate for non-new players.

Negatives:
-Would need to integrate a VPB in GLB to be used for dots created after d0 but before d40, which then "launches" a dot into GLB.
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
That's 1000 times more high tech than it needs to be.

All we need is to do is integrate the current day into the creation process.

If you create a dot on Day 20 (for example) you're L10 with +80 TPs.

We know Xp per day and we know TPs per day.

 
PeeJJK
SM4LL
online
Link
 
Skipping rookie? Sign me up!

Would lose the training breakthroughs so I think that’s a fair trade off for not creating at the “optimal” date range too
 
Kenshinzen
offline
Link
 
there're not old users that coming back. Only inactive people that don't love the game and will be gone again in a few days. Not worth the time imo...
 
WiSeIVIaN
online
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
That's 1000 times more high tech than it needs to be.

All we need is to do is integrate the current day into the creation process.

If you create a dot on Day 20 (for example) you're L10 with +80 TPs.

We know Xp per day and we know TPs per day.



This is better than nothing, though do we know how much SP value hit we get from not being able to train TP's before leveling? Might be enough to make this a non-viable option for plateau dots, but not sure.
 
WiSeIVIaN
online
Link
 
Originally posted by Kenshinzen
there're not old users that coming back. Only inactive people that don't love the game and will be gone again in a few days. Not worth the time imo...


As someone whom took an 8-year hiatus from this game, I strongly disagree.

Creating a viable option for mid-season dot creation gives upside with no downside....
 
WiSeIVIaN
online
Link
 
Originally posted by PeeJJK
Skipping rookie? Sign me up!

Would lose the training breakthroughs so I think that’s a fair trade off for not creating at the “optimal” date range too


Good point!
 
Kenshinzen
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by WiSeIVIaN
As someone whom took an 8-year hiatus from this game, I strongly disagree.

Creating a viable option for mid-season dot creation gives upside with no downside....


True about you. But don't think agent adnjg1459 is going to be here every day. Will disappear soon enough for another decade!
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
online
Link
 
NGTH. If Bort was gonna stretch his system out further than he already has, he'd've done so when we came back from the crash.
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by WiSeIVIaN
This is better than nothing, though do we know how much SP value hit we get from not being able to train TP's before leveling? Might be enough to make this a non-viable option for plateau dots, but not sure.


Training wouldn't change much. You're still getting the TPs. What does change is the ALG stacking progression.

Like instead being able to 1-cap out of the gate, and then get all the ALGs, all the ALGs would be in before you train and cap.

So assuming a 0.5 Major ALG. Say, Speed, for example, you'd start with it at 25, add the +2 for minimum weight, then add +5 for your ALGs (@L10) so you'd start with a 32 instead of a 27.

Essentially the same as when an Agent goes inactive, and then comes back to a stack of SPs and TPs to spend.

It wouldn't be optimal, but it would at least be playable.

If someone skipped the entire season on purpose, they'd be at a mathematic disadvantage. But a legit dot missing the start of the season by a few days could jump right in on Level instead of being 5+ levels behind everyone else.

If there isn't a significant drawback, then we're essentially encouraging agents to skip rookie.

Thanks autocorrect
Edited by TJ Spikes on Oct 25, 2023 09:08:50
Edited by TJ Spikes on Oct 25, 2023 09:05:42
 
shepsterbird
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Kenshinzen
there're not old users that coming back. Only inactive people that don't love the game and will be gone again in a few days. Not worth the time imo...


Did the reverse, left season 12 back about season 42. So longer hang on on return. Same old forums, all are ffa imo .
Wizzago had a disruption with comp. And got back on, wareas I lost net on a 12 18k dial up. By time I could connect the game went General and that lost me a while.
Edited by shepsterbird on Oct 25, 2023 14:47:32
Edited by shepsterbird on Oct 25, 2023 14:47:31
 
shepsterbird
offline
Link
 
OP There is no good way to build a mid season start up. I have tried that several times. Day 40,Before day 44, or you loose those last season tp. As you may notice day 44-48 are iffy.
 
Noah1019
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by WiSeIVIaN
I think we can agree, one of GLB Classic's continued weaknesses is when player join or comeback, they often have to wait up to 40 days to get into the magic d40 to d-1 range when a player can still optimally hit plateau.

What about allowing dots in some window of time to be built and "VPB" until their age matches current dots? Obviously this would at maximum be between d1 and d39 (though it could be d1 to d20 or something if people prefer)

Positives:
-This would solve the issue of "blackout dates"
-Allows some timing to replace players that quit or https://immaculategridgame.com/ go afk
-If allowable until d39 you actually give (some) owners an option to complete a 3 season (+ 1 day) plateau process if they so choose. This actually helps Bort's flex cost charged per season and would be an owner choice rather than any sort of mandate for non-new players.

Negatives:
-Would need to integrate a VPB in GLB to be used for dots created after d0 but before d40, which then "launches" a dot into GLB.


it's an interesting solution with potential positives and negatives to consider. O_o
 
slughead42
Don't panic!
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by shepsterbird
OP There is no good way to build a mid season start up. I have tried that several times. Day 40,Before day 44, or you loose those last season tp. As you may notice day 44-48 are iffy.


All days between day 40 and day 0 of the next season are exactly the same (except for the amount of real time that you have to do all the things to get your build ready for day 1, when time starts passing again in the game).

The "post-season" is now only until day 44, but due to the new way that TP are distributed, Bort has more freedom to "add" a day 45 or 46 if he needs/wants to, as it doesn't impact anything with building the way it used to.

 


You are not logged in. Please log in if you want to post a reply.