User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Page:
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
offline
Link
 
Had to grab a CPU dot today to help take up enough stamina slack at a certain position. I hadn't grabbed a CPU dot in a long time and forgot it shows absolutely nothing about it... no LOL bars or anything... except stats. Stats that went all the way back to season 1. Looking at 80 seasons' worth of stats got me thinkin... will we make 100 seasons?

At a rate of around 60 days per season that means 6 seasons a year (average) so we'd need to be around for another 3 years. Not just the GAME being around... but the players too. Plenty of greybeards around here, ya know? (raises hand) Lord knows Bort and DD are likely proud owners of blinged out old-folk scooters by now.

And is 100 the 'Magic Number'? Is that when the lights go out finally? Or will there be the biggest Flex sale ever in the history of the game?

Whaddya'll think?
 
ShowTyme
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Had to grab a CPU dot today to help take up enough stamina slack at a certain position. I hadn't grabbed a CPU dot in a long time and forgot it shows absolutely nothing about it... no LOL bars or anything... except stats. Stats that went all the way back to season 1. Looking at 80 seasons' worth of stats got me thinkin... will we make 100 seasons?

At a rate of around 60 days per season that means 6 seasons a year (average) so we'd need to be around for another 3 years. Not just the GAME being around... but the players too. Plenty of greybeards around here, ya know? (raises hand) Lord knows Bort and DD are likely proud owners of blinged out old-folk scooters by now.

And is 100 the 'Magic Number'? Is that when the lights go out finally? Or will there be the biggest Flex sale ever in the history of the game?

Whaddya'll think?


there be the biggest Flex sale ever in the history of the game?
 
Dr. E
offline
Link
 
It was announced a few days back that support for flash s over.
 
Novus
online
Link
 
Originally posted by Dr. E
It was announced a few days back that support for flash s over.


Good thing you don't need Flash to play GLB.
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by ShowTyme
there be the biggest Flex sale ever in the history of the game?


I could see a 1/2 off or 2 for one sale, for sure. Imagine how many people would buy flex at that price.... especially if they knew it was gonna happen with plenty of warning ahead of time? Krikey, I'd save my pennies from now until that day for sure.
 
Novus
online
Link
 
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
I could see a 1/2 off or 2 for one sale, for sure. Imagine how many people would buy flex at that price.... especially if they knew it was gonna happen with plenty of warning ahead of time? Krikey, I'd save my pennies from now until that day for sure.


That's precisely why they'd never announce a sale like that in advance. You'll save up your money, and their intermediate cash flow dries up -- but their regular monthly expenses don't. What are they supposed to tell their hosting provider? "Don't worry, we've announced a sale that will happen 4 months from now, and we'll be rolling in cash then. In the meantime, we can just stop paying our bills for 4 months, right? Right?"

They'll keep us guessing, and then like a week before the big 1-0-0, THEN they'll announce a sale.
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Novus
That's precisely why they'd never announce a sale like that in advance. You'll save up your money, and their intermediate cash flow dries up -- but their regular monthly expenses don't. What are they supposed to tell their hosting provider? "Don't worry, we've announced a sale that will happen 4 months from now, and we'll be rolling in cash then. In the meantime, we can just stop paying our bills for 4 months, right? Right?"

They'll keep us guessing, and then like a week before the big 1-0-0, THEN they'll announce a sale.


I'm not talking years in advance... just a month out would suffice more that well enough.

(edit) Actually the perfect time would be at the start of season 99. People would still buy flex to do dot and team work during the season but they'd get a HUGE influx of $$$$$ when the season ended on the day of the sale. Plenty of time to save up those couch coins and leftover pennies!!!!
Edited by Theo Wizzago on Jul 10, 2020 12:32:55
 
thermon
offline
Link
 
100? Hopefully not for another 20 seasons or so. I still haven't recovered from the 50th anniversary blowout spectacular.

Anyone else not really remember what happened? I must have been pretty hammered.

O_o
 
ewinter43
offline
Link
 
I'll still be here at 100. Even if it's just 2 teams with all my dots
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
I'll put in a support ticket and ask DD

 
Bluesman
bluest blues
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
I'll put in a support ticket and ask DD



He might even get back to you by then
 
.spider.
Lead Mod
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Bluesman
He might even get back to you by then




 
tobewon
offline
Link
 
100 seasons or 100 active users?
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
I'll put in a support ticket and ask DD


Just heard back

Originally posted by D.D.
Warrior General has been investigating ways to increase revenue. We intend to do this with a 4 pronged approach.

#1 We're cutting the off season down to 3 days. All of the usual end of season happenings, like stadium construction will be done on Day 43. We're also cutting the preseason down to 4 days (-3 through 0).

#2 In order to increase the perceived speed of a dot's life, and thereby reigniting interest in the game, dots will now receive 500 XP for every game of their career, and always gain 50 daily XP, as opposed to the graduated scale we have now. In effect, 10,000 XP per season which will always be 10 levels of progression plus boosts.

#3 We're cutting the number of boosts required to max out a dot down to 28, but increasing the boosts available per season to 4. This will have the net affects of making dots slightly cheaper and also shortening a dot's career, in terms of number of real days required to max out a dot. The leagues will be condensed based on the following schedule, mimicking a player's career starting at the college level.

1-5 off season boosts for new dots (4)
5 -19 Freshman (8)
19-33 Sophomore (12)
33-47 Junior (16)
47-61 Senior (20)
61-75 Professional (24)
75-79 is achieved with 4 End Build Boosts, with make up boosts available for those that may have missed some scheduled boosts. (28)

World League will be played as a triple elimination tournament for the top 16 teams of the previous season. Three strikes and you're eliminated.

#4 In accordance with the accelerated growth of the player, we will be cutting the plateau period to 4 seasons instead of 5.

The life cycle of a dot is currently 696 days (58x12) before decline. This plan will shorten that to 423 days (47x9). By reducing the dot life cycle by roughly 40 percent, we will be increasing the rate at which agents purchase flex, and therefore increase revenue.

We're still hammering out the details such as Training Points, and Veteran Experience but rest assured they will be scaled up commensurate with the increased build speed. We might just double everything to keep it as simple as possible.

Bort has also agreed to a television advertising campaign, which should cost in the neighborhood of a quarter of a million dollars, and we are most likely going to be holding fund raising flex sales to support that purchase. Details are still being worked out.

Corndog is currently hard at work testing potential sim tweaks, new plays, and some miscellaneous website changes like converting replays in a language that isn't obsolete
.


 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
offline
Link
 
 
Page:
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.