Originally posted by ProfessionalKop
i honestly dont remember. i've never kept a log of bort quotes. was kinda hoping someone else had a quote to see if i've been wasting AEQ pieces. http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3938152http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3938152&page=2#35046016
probably the most relevant part is this
Originally posted by Bort
Originally posted by Drs
since Longhornfan1024 and CMON used their 3 Qs, can I ask the following?
Is a CB's INT roll modified by his PD roll, or are they two completely independent rolls?
Sub-question: Do the rolls take place simultaneously or is there a progression? In a previous post you said that it goes INT-->Swat/Anti-swat-->Catch-->Knocked Loose (tackle roll), but recent posts by you seem to imply that it's much more complicated than that.
It is fairly complicated as there are lots of situations, but the general gist is (if I'm the CB):
- I have to see the ball is coming in the first place (vision check)
- I have to get into position near enough the the ball to interact with it (speed/agility etc)
- I have to check if I am even going to get a chance to interact with the ball (Int check? No? Swat check instead?)
- If I'm near the WR, I have to fight with him to see who gets a chance at the ball (my roll vs his roll)
- If I win, I get to intercept or swat the ball. (depends on first roll type that succeeded, and if the WR gives me trouble catching it)
- If I lose, the receiver gets to try and catch the ball. It's all up to him now, though my being close by makes it harder on him.
- If the receiver fails to catch the ball, I get once more chance to try and intercept it if I am close enough.
- If the receiver catches it, now I've got to tackle him. Here's my chance to knock it loose with a good hit.