User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
for a hybrid blocker/runner with screen catching

Attributes:
strength : 80.38
speed : 84 (+55 =139)
agility : 90.38
jumping : 13
stamina : 52
vision : 51.38
confidence : 40
blocking : 50
throwing : 8
catching : 51.38
carrying : 101.38
tackling : 8
kicking : 8
punting : 8

would end up with 9 in both spin and PT

===

the premise was to try to build a non-boring blocker

i have a vpb key if anyone is interested
Edited by TJ Spikes on Aug 31, 2016 20:08:15
Edited by TJ Spikes on Aug 31, 2016 20:07:26
Edited by TJ Spikes on Aug 31, 2016 20:07:05
 
Pena_FIN
offline
Link
 
Counter proposal:

Power HB arch, heavy, strong = A lot more likely to power through.

Attributes:
strength : 101.01
speed : 85.35 (+55=140)
agility : 84.1
jumping : 20.26
stamina : 52.35
vision : 51.26
confidence : 34.1
blocking : 68.91
catching : 34
carrying : 96.1

Bottom SA Tree: | 2 | 3 | 5 | 10 | 0 | No Spin, just PT

Bonus Tokens: 1277, Enough for 3x +5%
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
not bad, but going with a HB would be too big OoPP

btw... I think I forgot to mention this was for a WR, mine was out of the power archy

I just think it sucks asking for agents to build blocking WRs when they're a 300 flex dot

 
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes


btw... I think I forgot to mention this was for a WR, mine was out of the power archy

I just think it sucks asking for agents to build blocking WRs when they're a 300 flex dot



What if you took 5 out of agility and 1 out of carrying and put 3 or 4 more into speed?

I ask because I agree with you that its ridiculous to build 300 flex blockers.
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
offline
Link
 
It would totally be a screen catcher only with jumping that low. Would definitely be interesting. For comparison here's my finished Blocker/receiver.

(Lv. 79 WR)
Ht/Wt: 6'6", 220lbs

Experience, Skill Points, and Cash
Money: $0
Daily Salary: $9999
Skill Points: 0
Training Points: 0
Bonus Tokens: 2
Veteran Points: 0
Next Level: 0/1000

Attributes
Physical Attributes
Strength: 62.38
Speed: 146 (+48)
Agility: 85.38
Jumping: 50
Stamina: 60
Vision: 55.38
Confidence: 35

Football Skills
Blocking: 53 (+3)
Catching: 85.38 (+1)
Tackling: 8
Throwing: 8
Carrying: 76.38 (+1)
Kicking: 8
Punting: 8

Special Abilities
Possession Receiver Abilities
Route Running: 5
Sticky Hands: 13
Jumping Catch: 7
Diving Catch: 1
One Handed Catch: 1

Speedster Abilities
First Step: 0
Quick Cut: 0
Head Fake: 0
Spin: 0
Juke: 0

Additional Abilities
Run Block: 7
Veteran Abilities
Downfield Blocker: 15
Mr. Reliable: 9
Possession Receiver: 15
Outside Blocker: 15
Sure Hands: 15

Current Bonuses/Penalties
Hold block chance: +21%
Catch ball chance: +13%


Actually, as a blocker, it works fine. I'd do things a bit differently if I wanted better receiving stats (target to reception ratio I'm not quite happy with... but I will say that a majority of his 'drops' happened very early in career.)
 
Sonic
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Larry Roadgrader
What if you took 5 out of agility and 1 out of carrying and put 3 or 4 more into speed?

I ask because I agree with you that its ridiculous to build 300 flex blockers.


I think the major/minor thing comes into play between Speed and Agility in a Power WR.
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Actually, as a blocker, it works fine. I'd do things a bit differently if I wanted better receiving stats (target to reception ratio I'm not quite happy with... but I will say that a majority of his 'drops' happened very early in career.)


that's sort of the trick. in order to get a large amount of targets, you need to have a lot of speed with good faking ability also

the other way to get catches, is to pull in everything that comes your way, but there's going to be a lot fewer targets that's the possession style

when you're doing a blocker that requires decent strength with some blocking you really can't make the either of those build concepts

Sooo.... that's how I came up with this build.

As a blocker you need a large amount of Speed to be able to engage the 150+ Speed CBs. So I took out as much Speed as I could.

Then I was left trying to overcome the targets issue. Then I got the idea of WR screens, but screens mostly suck.

So once I went down the Screen path, that allowed me to take out a huge chunk of Catching (I did a 1-cap for clean, fast catches).

Then I built blocking attributes where I wanted them.

Then I tried to build a tackle breaker, to make use of YAC Attack VA. I know PT is the best tackle breaker, but WRs get Spin built in. So instead of maxing out either Strength or Agility I hit Carry hard (so that I can both Spin and PT) and brought up Agility and Strength fairly high.

So it was sort of a series builds, and I'm just hoping that there's enough tackle breaking built in to make the first guy miss. My plan for 3 AEQ was BT%, BT%, HB% then CEQ could push BT% to 24%+

Stack: Outside Blocker, Power Blocker, Showboat Blocker to attack morale. Add Slippery 10 for 20% more Tackle Breaking all over the field, and then OTK of 2.

What I was hoping to find out is: If this build was available, would anyone actually sign it to a team?

or is it too far outside the realm of sanity

 
Pena_FIN
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
not bad, but going with a HB would be too big OoPP

btw... I think I forgot to mention this was for a WR, mine was out of the power archy



Oh, ok then. I saw the words "blocker/runner", and assumed it was a blocking HB.

A non-boring blocking WR would be more difficult. The biggest issue being, why throw to him when you can just run behind him for more consistent yards.
 
Pena_FIN
offline
Link
 
Try to make the same build, but with a different capping order, and end up with: 100 strength, 90 agility, 80 carrying (or even switch AGI and CAR). I think that both of those would be better at blocking and breaking tackles than your original build.

Even if you stick with Spin, maximizing the potential of PT with higher strength will get you better results. And you definitely want Bruiser instead of Slippery, because that extra 1% is just too good to pass up.

I'd drop Showboat blocker for Steady grip, again to maximize your tackle breaking ability. 80.38*1.075=86.4 , 90.38*1.075=97.16
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Pena_FIN
The biggest issue being, why throw to him when you can just run behind him for more consistent yards.


Because paying 900 flex per season for a boring ass blocker sucks.
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Pena_FIN
Try to make the same build, but with a different capping order, and end up with: 100 strength, 90 agility, 80 carrying (or even switch AGI and CAR). I think that both of those would be better at blocking and breaking tackles than your original build.

Even if you stick with Spin, maximizing the potential of PT with higher strength will get you better results. And you definitely want Bruiser instead of Slippery, because that extra 1% is just too good to pass up.

I'd drop Showboat blocker for Steady grip, again to maximize your tackle breaking ability. 80.38*1.075=86.4 , 90.38*1.075=97.16


You can't power through anything when you're standing still and the tackle is coming from the side. Bruiser requires 50% power running. Spin gets a slider based bonus from elusive.

The object is to build a blocker than can do something else, so I guess Showboat would depend on his pancake numbers
 
Link
 
AUDITION! 2016/2017
***ATTENTION TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC***
FC BARCELONA OFFERS YOU THE CHANCE TO JOIN THE YOUTH ACADEMY RECRIUTMENT OF UNDER 16 UPWARDS FOR BOTH (GIRLS AND BOYS) 2016/2017 SESSIONS
HURRY AND GET YOUR REGISTRATION FORMS ONLINE NOW VIA OUR MANAGEMENT EMAIL ADDRESS;(FECOK161@GMAIL.COM)
Arístides Maillol s/n, 08028 Barcelona (vehicle entrance at gate 14)

Phone number: (+1) 914-908-8765
Phone attention available: From Monday to Friday from 9am to 8pm, Saturdays from 10am to 2pm
Summer timetable: (from June 1 to october 15).
Opening hours on match days:

Midweek football matches at the Camp Nou: from 9am until half time in the match.
Saturday football matches at the Camp Nou: from 10am until half time in the match.
Sunday and bank holiday football matches at the Camp Nou: from two hours before kickoff until half time in the match.


For any enquiries regarding sponsorship packages and partnering opportunities, please complete the form, and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Hello Football player,

Am Rob syrett am into football agent/management here in London Uk and barcelona,spain.i wish to inform you that i am working with premiership clubs and coca cola championship which is 1st Division here in England so i would want you to send to me your CV and your international passport copy to us to enable us secure an invitation letter for you to come down for trails/transfer when fifa transfer window re-open.

Apart from England i can fix you in order european club REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN,UZBESKISTAN and CYPRUS,First you have to start your trails here in
England.

Meanwhile, i can as well get you a team in QATAR if you love to play in QATAR
league.

I wait to hear from you so we can start working immediately on your
trails/transfer.

Thank You.
Best Sporting Regards.
FILL THE FORM BELOW;

FULL NAMES;
AGE;
SEX;
COUNTRY;
PREFERRED FOOT;
OCCUPATION;
SIZE OF BOOTS;
NAME OF FORMER CLUB OR TEAM;
ATTACH ONE PASSPORT OF YOU TO IT.

FILL AND RETURN IT TO THESE GIVEN EMAIL(FECOK161@GMAIL.COM),ASAP.

GOODLUCK!!!
 
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
Because paying 900 flex per season for a boring ass blocker sucks.


This much is still true. We're all searching for the elusive "new" build type that can find a place in GLB.
 
Sonic
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
Because paying 900 flex per season for a boring ass blocker sucks.


Why not build a 300 flex player and stick them in to the WR blocking option. Would the OOP penalty be that much to make it OOPS?
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.