User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Forum > Game Changes Discussion > Proposed Changes > GLB Financial System Discussion
Page:
 
Dpride59
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by ijg

4) Does slow starter need to be changed or dropped? Seems like potential to be overpowered. If I will have a reserve bank to keep my morale >100 for 1st Q, then I don't have to be as concerned that the 5% penalty will impact my morale and thus performance and I will be more likely to have 100 morale for the 4th Q when the bonus kicks in so I am more likely to get the maximum performance out of the bonus.
.



5% confidence =/= anything.

You still will be -5% speed/agi/vis/stam/str/block

Also
Conf=/= morale.and if you played the full 15 plays required to get the full bonus you would likely be low on stamina, and you wouldn't be getting that full bonus in the 4th




 
Sik Wit It
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by dviss1
Originally posted by ptompkins

Idea,
if the issue of a 'salary' cap exists, why not just find new sources of funds. Heck, allow for higher ticket sales, allow for media revenue in lower leagues, or heck why not add more seats in a stadium.

Are you guys Democrats or something? Because you are starting to sound like Obama! Take my money and give it to someone that can't afford healthcare (or in most cases chooses not to afford healthcare).

Take the money I've saved with my team, the money I've worked for the last 2 years build up and give it to some other team that has no clue about money management.

Wow, I never realized the similarities until it just hit me. Taxed by Obama to death in real life, taxed by Catch in GLB. Next thing you are going to say is God doesn't exist.


Clueless analogy. Obama has lowered 25 different taxes. Taxes have only been raised on cigarette smokers and tanning salons.

Did you know that if you make over 109K you pay no social security tax? Did you know that if you make all your money through capital gains, you pay no medicare tax even though you are eligible for it?

Only people who make less than 109K pay into social security. Does it make sense for those who make more to NOT pay into it?

In the healthcare bill, singles who make 200K and families who make 250K now have to help pay for medicare an social security whereas before they did not. Do you fall into the above category (of making 200-250K from capital gains)? If so, then you need to pay your share of medicare/social security taxes. If you don't fall into the above catagory, then your taxes have been lowered.

Get yourself informed:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002548-503544.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

These are just 8 of the 25 different tax incentives Obama has put forward:

* An increase in the Earned Income Tax Credit
* An expansion of the Child Tax Credit
* For those who work, the Making Work Pay tax credit offered $400 per individual and $800 per couple
* For those who lost their job, there was a 65 percent tax credit to help cover the cost of health care. The first $2,400 in unemployment benefits went tax-free
* Up to $2,500 under the American Opportunity Credit for students and parents paying for college tuition
* $8,000 for first-time home buyers
* A deduction of state and local taxes paid on a new car
* Up to $1,500 for home improvements to increase energy efficiency

Sorry for bringing politics in the forum but I have to set the record straight.


This is a topic about GLB's financial system, not the current administration. Go to the Politics and Religion board if you want to get into that.
 
dviss1
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Sik Wit It
Originally posted by dviss1

Originally posted by ptompkins


Idea,
if the issue of a 'salary' cap exists, why not just find new sources of funds. Heck, allow for higher ticket sales, allow for media revenue in lower leagues, or heck why not add more seats in a stadium.

Are you guys Democrats or something? Because you are starting to sound like Obama! Take my money and give it to someone that can't afford healthcare (or in most cases chooses not to afford healthcare).

Take the money I've saved with my team, the money I've worked for the last 2 years build up and give it to some other team that has no clue about money management.

Wow, I never realized the similarities until it just hit me. Taxed by Obama to death in real life, taxed by Catch in GLB. Next thing you are going to say is God doesn't exist.


Clueless analogy. Obama has lowered 25 different taxes. Taxes have only been raised on cigarette smokers and tanning salons.

Did you know that if you make over 109K you pay no social security tax? Did you know that if you make all your money through capital gains, you pay no medicare tax even though you are eligible for it?

Only people who make less than 109K pay into social security. Does it make sense for those who make more to NOT pay into it?

In the healthcare bill, singles who make 200K and families who make 250K now have to help pay for medicare an social security whereas before they did not. Do you fall into the above category (of making 200-250K from capital gains)? If so, then you need to pay your share of medicare/social security taxes. If you don't fall into the above catagory, then your taxes have been lowered.

Get yourself informed:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002548-503544.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

These are just 8 of the 25 different tax incentives Obama has put forward:

* An increase in the Earned Income Tax Credit
* An expansion of the Child Tax Credit
* For those who work, the Making Work Pay tax credit offered $400 per individual and $800 per couple
* For those who lost their job, there was a 65 percent tax credit to help cover the cost of health care. The first $2,400 in unemployment benefits went tax-free
* Up to $2,500 under the American Opportunity Credit for students and parents paying for college tuition
* $8,000 for first-time home buyers
* A deduction of state and local taxes paid on a new car
* Up to $1,500 for home improvements to increase energy efficiency

Sorry for bringing politics in the forum but I have to set the record straight.


This is a topic about GLB's financial system, not the current administration. Go to the Politics and Religion board if you want to get into that.


Now how come you didnt say anything to him when he posted his bull? He gets to bring up politics and you say nothing Mr mod...

If you want to play gestapo, be fair about it....
Edited by dviss1 on Apr 17, 2010 23:00:50
 
i own alex
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Sarg01
Trashing the whole system? How disappointing.


count me out, thanks bort
 
tonylieu
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by dviss1
Now how come you didnt say anything to him when he posted his bull? He gets to bring up politics and you say nothing Mr mod...

If you want to play gestapo, be fair about it....


Because the truth hurts
 
Sik Wit It
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by dviss1
Originally posted by Sik Wit It

Originally posted by dviss1


Originally posted by ptompkins



Idea,
if the issue of a 'salary' cap exists, why not just find new sources of funds. Heck, allow for higher ticket sales, allow for media revenue in lower leagues, or heck why not add more seats in a stadium.

Are you guys Democrats or something? Because you are starting to sound like Obama! Take my money and give it to someone that can't afford healthcare (or in most cases chooses not to afford healthcare).

Take the money I've saved with my team, the money I've worked for the last 2 years build up and give it to some other team that has no clue about money management.

Wow, I never realized the similarities until it just hit me. Taxed by Obama to death in real life, taxed by Catch in GLB. Next thing you are going to say is God doesn't exist.


Clueless analogy. Obama has lowered 25 different taxes. Taxes have only been raised on cigarette smokers and tanning salons.

Did you know that if you make over 109K you pay no social security tax? Did you know that if you make all your money through capital gains, you pay no medicare tax even though you are eligible for it?

Only people who make less than 109K pay into social security. Does it make sense for those who make more to NOT pay into it?

In the healthcare bill, singles who make 200K and families who make 250K now have to help pay for medicare an social security whereas before they did not. Do you fall into the above category (of making 200-250K from capital gains)? If so, then you need to pay your share of medicare/social security taxes. If you don't fall into the above catagory, then your taxes have been lowered.

Get yourself informed:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002548-503544.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

These are just 8 of the 25 different tax incentives Obama has put forward:

* An increase in the Earned Income Tax Credit
* An expansion of the Child Tax Credit
* For those who work, the Making Work Pay tax credit offered $400 per individual and $800 per couple
* For those who lost their job, there was a 65 percent tax credit to help cover the cost of health care. The first $2,400 in unemployment benefits went tax-free
* Up to $2,500 under the American Opportunity Credit for students and parents paying for college tuition
* $8,000 for first-time home buyers
* A deduction of state and local taxes paid on a new car
* Up to $1,500 for home improvements to increase energy efficiency

Sorry for bringing politics in the forum but I have to set the record straight.


This is a topic about GLB's financial system, not the current administration. Go to the Politics and Religion board if you want to get into that.


Now how come you didnt say anything to him when he posted his bull? He gets to bring up politics and you say nothing Mr mod...

If you want to play gestapo, be fair about it....


I just ignored everything he said that dealt with politics because I didn't want to get into a whole thing with him. If he kept bringing it up I would've told him to stop. Not to mention his post was at least relating to GLB; he was just using a terrible analogy. Your post was purely off-topic. I'm not trying to play nazi mod here or anything, but this topic is already huge and hard enough to browse for anybody. We don't need people getting into a political debate here on top of everything.
 
dviss1
offline
Link
 
Understood. I just call a spade a spade...
 
Plankton
OPL4Lyfe
offline
Link
 
edited - not the place and folks will believe what they want regardless.
Edited by Plankton on Apr 17, 2010 23:20:58
Edited by Plankton on Apr 17, 2010 23:20:11
 
dviss1
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Plankton
Originally posted by dviss1

Understood. I just call a spade a spade...


Sometimes a spade is not a spade tho. Your facts are way off, and I'll risk a ban to state this. There is a cap on Social Security tax so that a person who makes $109K pays the same Social Security tax as someone that makes $400K. However, the guy that makes $109K pays alot more Social Security tax than someone making $30K. If you screwed up the first fact why bother to believe the rest.

Sorry in advance Sik. If dviss1 wants to argue with me, feel free to PM me.


............PM sent.
 
Theodor
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by MC_Hammer
Build 40-45 elite players and 10-15 just above average players.
Surely the elite dot builders can build 2-3 elite players for the team they want to be on plus 1-2 above average guys along with them.


If I have an agent on my team who is an elite dot builder, I'll ask him to build 5 elite players. Because he has well knowledge and attitude to build an elite player and that's what I really need. There will be some seasons I would ask him to lower some player's salaries, and there will be some seasons I'd pay all the luxury tax for his players. But it's unnecessary to build an average guy just because this player will be low-paid.

However, those owners rebuilt their teams after Season 15 will be easier to figure out "who'll get low-paid" under the salary cap system. They can create or hire 5-10 Special Teams Archetype players with lower salaries. Those players might be closer to what you mean "above average players". They can be well-built though.
 
Nietzsche
offline
Link
 
fyi:
I think this is still a game. When people feel you over-complicate it like I am reading in every posting not started by an admin, it quits being fun.

You should do a survey to see how many people dont plan to return after this season, or how many plan to just use up current flex points because of the never ending over complication process your doing. It may shock you and I am certain its going to effect your pocket book if it is even 1/2 as high as I am reading in some forums.
 
blln4lyf
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by David Stern
Originally posted by ijg


4) Does slow starter need to be changed or dropped? Seems like potential to be overpowered. If I will have a reserve bank to keep my morale >100 for 1st Q, then I don't have to be as concerned that the 5% penalty will impact my morale and thus performance and I will be more likely to have 100 morale for the 4th Q when the bonus kicks in so I am more likely to get the maximum performance out of the bonus.
.



5% confidence =/= anything.

You still will be -5% speed/agi/vis/stam/str/block

Also
Conf=/= morale.and if you played the full 15 plays required to get the full bonus you would likely be low on stamina, and you wouldn't be getting that full bonus in the 4th






Don't think Slow Starter works as it sounds tbh
 
Dpride59
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by blln4lyf
Don't think Slow Starter works as it sounds tbh


yeah, I was going to say its broken, but I figured I would just explain why ijg was wrong rather than get into all of that.
 
Catch22
offline
Link
 
OK, Bort and I have come up with what we are going to be doing (combination of original plan plus the ideas posted in this OP) so closing this thread for discussion purposes. Will open a new one up once we have posted the revised plan.
 
Page:
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.