User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Forum > Game Changes Discussion > Proposed Changes > GLB Training System Changes Discussion Thread
Page:
 
Bort
Admin
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by justin.clemons88
Once again. A simple screen shot of a rough draft would of ended all of this mass loads of panic and confusion on behalf of GLB.


Don't have one yet, sorry. Probably would have been a good plan (archetypes def made more sense with an interface to look at), but we also wanted to see if there were some potential exploits, etc before going too deep into it.
 
Tilly
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Grim Truth
All you needed was to design two drop down boxes so people could train any two attributes they wanted. You've basically made the game less user friendly for new users and further increased the work load on veteran players.

Yep.

I would guess that the additional revenue brought in by coaching doesn't offset the loses this site incurs from people quitting or being scared away from joining due to all this nonsense.
 
NiborRis
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by
Let's use a hypothetical example (these numbers do not necessarily reflect what they would actually be) to demonstrate:

--intense = +60%
--hard workout = +45% +1 bonus token
--medium workout = +30% + 2 bonus tokens
--light workout = +15% + 3 bonus tokens


Are the actual values for everything all going to be visible, or will some of it remain unpublished that we're required to discover on our own?
 
Samythe41
offline
Link
 
I like the idea.
There are many many options, really exciting. Training obviously needed improvement.
On the other hand, the new system seems to be too time consuming. I barely find the time to OC and recruit for my own team and manage 28 players.
Will have to cut back on something if the changes are implemented.
 
PatrolzCat
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Bort
Don't have one yet, sorry. Probably would have been a good plan (archetypes def made more sense with an interface to look at), but we also wanted to see if there were some potential exploits, etc before going too deep into it.


Well, then get to work Bort! I expect it within the next 30 minutes.

Yeah, I think just some type of visual of what it's going to be, rather then a huge page of text saying you do this, then this, then this, then that, would of helped.
 
Tilly
offline
Link
 
I mean, obviously I'm being judgmental and may be overreacting as none of us has seen this, but on its face right now this seems unnecessarily complicated.
 
acrnobrnja
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Bort
Originally posted by Grim Truth

So, basically, all you've accomplished is complicating the easiest part of the game for no good reason. You've made something that didn't need to be complicated ridiculously complicated. You know, just because you know how to do something (i.e. coding) doesn't mean you ought to. This is one of those times where you should have just stopped mid-way through the planning and said to yourself "does this really make things better or just complicate things needlessly?"

All you needed was to design two drop down boxes so people could train any two attributes they wanted. You've basically made the game less user friendly for new users and further increased the work load on veteran players.


Yep, because there has never been a game with upgrade paths for characters before. Ever. Especially not an MMO. Because it is just too complicated for people to understand.

Training is still VERY straightforward, but now I get more items to spend my tokens on:

I choose an attribute from a dropdown and click train. I've trained, increased by attribute. Ooh, I got some bonus tokens. What can I spend these on? Hm, here's a list of things I can click on. I read through, choose something I want, click the "Upgrade" button and spend my tokens. Cool, I got a +1 bonus to my strength! Or now I can train 2 things at once! Or an extra Skill Point!

Sounds a lot more interesting and cool to me. But nah, let's reject it because it's a new idea.


We reject it because these are three major overhauls at once. And the wordy descriptions of them don't do great justice to what it will look like visually. It does sound very overwhelming right now.
 
NiborRis
offline
Link
 
BTW, my impression is that the training changes are tied to the financial changes, folks, not just "oh gee we don't know how to make being able to train any two attributes you want so HERE total rewrite!"
It all ties together, that's why they have to roll out together.
 
Bort
Admin
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by justin.clemons88
Well, then get to work Bort! I expect it within the next 30 minutes.

Yeah, I think just some type of visual of what it's going to be, rather then a huge page of text saying you do this, then this, then this, then that, would of helped.


Prob will have something in the next week or two; interface is the first (and really major) part of the update.
 
Bort
Admin
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by NiborRis
BTW, my impression is that the training changes are tied to the financial changes, folks, not just "oh gee we don't know how to make being able to train any two attributes you want so HERE total rewrite!"
It all ties together, that's why they have to roll out together.


DING DING DING
 
Mightyhalo
offline
Link
 
I hope you add more to the OOP penalty.
 
Chaos Knight
offline
Link
 
So...the basic gist is now you choose between min-maxing or splitting tokens between training, morale boosts, and equipment? Morale has seemed so iffy for so long that it's hard to imagine how the game will change once all of these new morale/stamina changes take place.
 
Dpride59
offline
Link
 
I really like the fact it costs a fortune for people to switch an sa that has 10 in it. The last thing we want is a guy being able to go from 10 catch fake to 10 catch in stride for 2 sp's. lol...


One thing I am not understanding is, The current training system, will part of that still be in place? Will block strength still be an option when my I first create my player? Will I just be able to train normally? and unlock as I go?


Also, the 100 pts that are for shopping tokens or "extra training pts" These will be handed out on day -8 I Assume every new season?

We can save them until day -49? Like if I am not sure what I want to do with them "equip swaps/or train" (based on sim changes) Will I be able to hold them till end of yr?

Also I Really think you guys are about to hit a homerun with this, the thing that has seperated GLB as the greatest sports MMO ever is the player creation process. Giving even more options is a big move in the right direction. People will be frustrated at 1st because it is so much, but it gives more things to do, currently half the guys on my team log in train log out. This will really add to the game so +1 to that.

But to my 1st question, will that standard simple training system that we have still exist ? Like new players who get a player will automatically receive 7 tp?. Also a possible exploit would be rewarding 100 of thos eplayers pts when a new player is made on day 49, and then giving 100 more on day -8.

Should probably just make 100 tokens are given every day -8 regardless of when players are created.Or maybe pro rate them for players made day 0-day 40. Day 40= 0, You guys could figure it out, and I am sure this will be tested, I am just thinking of possible imbalances.
 
Grim Truth
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Bort
Yep, because there has never been a game with upgrade paths for characters before. Ever. Especially not an MMO. Because it is just too complicated for people to understand.

Training is still VERY straightforward, but now I get more items to spend my tokens on:

I choose an attribute from a dropdown and click train. I've trained, increased by attribute. Ooh, I got some bonus tokens. What can I spend these on? Hm, here's a list of things I can click on. I read through, choose something I want, click the "Upgrade" button and spend my tokens. Cool, I got a +1 bonus to my strength! Or now I can train 2 things at once! Or an extra Skill Point!

Sounds a lot more interesting and cool to me. But nah, let's reject it because it's a new idea.


No need to be snippy. People wanted something simple and easy that didn't complicate things and you wanted to show off by throwing as much at us as you could. Yes, maybe it'll be easier than the descriptions make it seem but it's likely still going to make things needlessly complicated compared to what would have easily satisfied most people. That's what I'm seeing. You wanted to turn an easy fix into a complicated mess and you've succeeded. Congrats?
 
acrnobrnja
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Grim Truth
Originally posted by Bort

Yep, because there has never been a game with upgrade paths for characters before. Ever. Especially not an MMO. Because it is just too complicated for people to understand.

Training is still VERY straightforward, but now I get more items to spend my tokens on:

I choose an attribute from a dropdown and click train. I've trained, increased by attribute. Ooh, I got some bonus tokens. What can I spend these on? Hm, here's a list of things I can click on. I read through, choose something I want, click the "Upgrade" button and spend my tokens. Cool, I got a +1 bonus to my strength! Or now I can train 2 things at once! Or an extra Skill Point!

Sounds a lot more interesting and cool to me. But nah, let's reject it because it's a new idea.


No need to be snippy. People wanted something simple and easy that didn't complicate things and you wanted to show off by throwing as much at us as you could. Yes, maybe it'll be easier than the descriptions make it seem but it's likely still going to make things needlessly complicated compared to what would have easily satisfied most people. That's what I'm seeing. You wanted to turn an easy fix into a complicated mess and you've succeeded. Congrats?


Be careful, I don't think the boss man appreciates your attitude.
 
Page:
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.