User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Forum > Game Changes Discussion > Proposed Changes > GLB Training System Changes Discussion Thread
Page:
 
Catch22
offline
Link
 
Information can be found here:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3946719

Keep things civil. All forum rules apply in this discussion thread.

Edit to add Bort quote about complexity:

Originally posted by Bort
As I posted in the other thread about the financial stuff: the interface will make or break the "complexity meter" of the thing. I'm seeing this as literally 2 pages:

1) training page where you train (almost exactly like now)
2) Bonus token spending page - a "store" where you buy upgrades for your player with BT's from a list of options, possibly tabbed if it's too long or hard to read. It'll replace the current +1SP page.

People have been asking for "more things to do with their players" for quite a while - this will give you a lot of potential directions in which to take your player and customize him.

Edited by Catch22 on Apr 15, 2010 17:03:04
 
Link
 
Glad to see it isn't complicated.
 
Handcuffed
offline
Link
 
Please get tuba samurai a youtube video of this going.... I got lost on the first part. :/
 
gtjackets1729
offline
Link
 
resource units???? what the heck are these
 
Catch22
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Handcuffed
Please get tuba samurai a youtube video of this going.... I got lost on the first part. :/


Once it's coded and the UI is up and running and tested, we will do just that.
 
avwjase
offline
Link
 
Here's a novel idea: let's not fix what isn't broken? Why does training need such an overhaul? Can anyone explain that? Or is this change for the sake of change?
 
dzer13
offline
Link
 
wow this looks really complicated
 
majech
offline
Link
 


My head hurts.
 
dzer13
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by avwjase
Here's a novel idea: let's not fix what isn't broken? Why does training need such an overhaul? Can anyone explain that? Or is this change for the sake of change?


This has definitely needed a change for a while now. I'm glad that it appears that we are moving towards an effort to get out of the 'beta' stage we have been in since inception. At first look it does appear a bit complicated, but I have faith in Catch22 and Bort that this will be better for everyone
 
sunshineduck
offline
Link
 
Completely lost.

Levels?
 
Link
 
Oh good god
 
avwjase
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by dzer13
This has definitely needed a change for a while now. I'm glad that it appears that we are moving towards an effort to get out of the 'beta' stage we have been in since inception. At first look it does appear a bit complicated, but I have faith in Catch22 and Bort that this will be better for everyone


Can you explain why it needed to be changed? I've had no issue with the current system.
 
majech
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by dzer13
Originally posted by avwjase

Here's a novel idea: let's not fix what isn't broken? Why does training need such an overhaul? Can anyone explain that? Or is this change for the sake of change?


This has definitely needed a change for a while now. I'm glad that it appears that we are moving towards an effort to get out of the 'beta' stage we have been in since inception. At first look it does appear a bit complicated, but I have faith in Catch22 and Bort that this will be better for everyone


It did? Other than not being able to pair any atts you would want on intense training, why did a change need to be made?
 
PLAYMAKERS
offline
Link
 
tl;dr
Edited by PLAYMAKERS on Apr 15, 2010 16:40:42
 
PING72
offline
Link
 
I have no idea what you're talking about through most of this.

But did I see you have to 'unlock' an attribute to be able to train it??
 
Page:
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.