User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Forum > Teams Looking for Players > Old guy back after several years...needs baby dots and a couple good steady people
bubba2
offline
Link
 
Been so long ago..i forgot my user name from back then.but i remember my team..sackville blitz...we were dominate first 2 years of this game...im back again with new name but same team name..looking for a couple guys to help me bring it all back.
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
online
Link
 
You're kinda late as far as this season goes. Most dots were built between day 40 and day 48 of last season so they could boost early and get teams filled up asap. By now, any dot built would be 3 levels behind most other dots and would stay that way until they reach plateau. And, most agents have tapped out with dot building for this season so there's not a big pool to get dots/dot builders from at this time. Might take this time to start on getting early build commitments for next season, run the team as a CPU this year, and re-acquaint yourself with all the team building stuff.
 
bubba2
offline
Link
 
Doesnt appear to be very many people still playing...my old oc was a guy named jlrock and he hasnt been on in 3 yrs...
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by bubba2
Been so long ago..i forgot my user name from back then.


Did you try bubba1 ?



 
drewd21
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
Did you try bubba1 ?





 
BigRatUno
offline
Link
 
GLB Senior Home.
Residents wandering around mumbling

"Who am I? Do you remember who I am?"

" Oh yeah! I remember you. Do you remember Us?"

"Russ? Oh yeah! I remember Russ!"
 
bubba2
offline
Link
 
I thought it was gogetsit...but it failed to allow me in
 
nexill
offline
Link
 
There's still a decent number of people, and we're not losing people very fast anymore. Sure, it's a fraction of what it was back in like season 25, but the decline from say season 60 to now hasn't been too bad. And we actually see a decent number of people like yourself, popping in and saying that they're back after a long time away. I don't know how many get back into it, but the game itself is just as good as ever.

It'll take some time to get back into it, though. Theo had some good advice around some steps to take to start up again, and if you're still feeling some excitement/momentum come next offseason then that'll be the time to make a push and try to fill out a team, or to catch on with a team.

Note that a lot of the people who are already here are pretty tapped out with dot commitments, and a lot of people who re-join are interested in making their own teams, so don't be surprised if you can't get enough people to make players for you. You may end up needing to make a few dots for another team, and try to catch on with a small community of guys and re-establish some connections before trying to put a team of your own together.

Good luck!
 
bubba2
offline
Link
 
Figured it would take time.. i need it anyway to rebuild my playbook. Get re acclimated to game etc... so i did buy z peewee team to play with.. im sure everyone is busy and loaded with responsibiliites.. ill try and fit back in..and start building a bridge or two towards a dynasty..
 
Bluesman
bluest blues
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by nexill
There's still a decent number of people, and we're not losing people very fast anymore. Sure, it's a fraction of what it was back in like season 25, but the decline from say season 60 to now hasn't been too bad. And we actually see a decent number of people like yourself, popping in and saying that they're back after a long time away. I don't know how many get back into it, but the game itself is just as good as ever.

It'll take some time to get back into it, though. Theo had some good advice around some steps to take to start up again, and if you're still feeling some excitement/momentum come next offseason then that'll be the time to make a push and try to fill out a team, or to catch on with a team.

Note that a lot of the people who are already here are pretty tapped out with dot commitments, and a lot of people who re-join are interested in making their own teams, so don't be surprised if you can't get enough people to make players for you. You may end up needing to make a few dots for another team, and try to catch on with a small community of guys and re-establish some connections before trying to put a team of your own together.

Good luck!


Actually from season 60 to season 77 there is a drop of aprox 671 agents that doesn't create dots anymore from the exercise that i do, Season 60 there were 2303 agents that made dots, last season(77) it dropped down to 1632. Doesn't mean that they are agents that are still around that don't make dots saying that they just maybe OC or DC teams or have some affiliated with teams. Back in the day when glb was in its prime I am sure there was a lot more agents then, now you see some coming back after a time away from the game and of coarse us die hards that are still here.
 
bubba2
offline
Link
 
I left first time because i was overwhelmed..everyone wanted me as their dc... and i was taking away time from my team..so i just gave it away...but i was pretty sure i had 26000 flex on old account to come back to...
 
bubba2
offline
Link
 
But lol i was talking season 2 through 25
 
nexill
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Bluesman
Actually from season 60 to season 77 there is a drop of aprox 671 agents that doesn't create dots anymore from the exercise that i do, Season 60 there were 2303 agents that made dots, last season(77) it dropped down to 1632. Doesn't mean that they are agents that are still around that don't make dots saying that they just maybe OC or DC teams or have some affiliated with teams. Back in the day when glb was in its prime I am sure there was a lot more agents then, now you see some coming back after a time away from the game and of coarse us die hards that are still here.


oh wow, thanks for the data bluesman, good stuff. I mean, not great news, but just goes to show that the numbers can often contradict the general "feel". I never would've guessed that we would have lost 29% of dotbuilding agents in that span.

appreciate the correction!
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
online
Link
 
I'd even take it a step further. Of the agents there's basically 3 kinds. 1.) The casual player who makes a couple of dots (usually freedots)... might even own one team... or, as Bluesman suggested, just coach (for themselves or for a very few teams), but isn't much active beyond that. They seldom buy flex. 2.) The forum trollers that don't build dots (or the dots they have are ages beyond measure)... don't own teams... and don't coach. They never buy flex. And, 3.) the active agents that build dots (sometimes a LOT of them), coach several places, own teams, buy flex, ect, ect,ect.
 
madmal
Prez SWO
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
I'd even take it a step further. Of the agents there's basically 3 kinds. 1.) The casual player who makes a couple of dots (usually freedots)... might even own one team... or, as Bluesman suggested, just coach (for themselves or for a very few teams), but isn't much active beyond that. They seldom buy flex. 2.) The forum trollers that don't build dots (or the dots they have are ages beyond measure)... don't own teams... and don't coach. They never buy flex. And, 3.) the active agents that build dots (sometimes a LOT of them), coach several places, own teams, buy flex, ect, ect,ect.


I'm #3.

 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.