User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
utvols
offline
Link
 
Ive got an agent that is building future MVP Ks and needs building help.
Anybody willing to help him out a little with that unique build? Or, if anyone has a very detailed build guide, that would be great. Thanks in advance.
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Guppy, Inc
Kicker is different from just about every other position because people build without any regards to actual on field performance. there's lots of wrong answers but really only 1 right answer. you use EQ/AEQ to fill in wherever your build is lacking. i have no idea why people drive up strength so high when it only takes about 90 w/o any big boot/booming kick to make 65y FG or TBs. the more BK/BB that you have you need even less strength. when it comes to accuracy, there are only 3 attributes that specifically mention accuracy and 2 of those are usually lacking on most kickers. confidence is almost always overkilled, but it only comes into play for "pressure situations". i say these things not only from coaching dozens of kicker MVPs but I put it into practice with a 1-time pro/3-time WL MVP, and 4 seasons into DECLINE, he won his last MVP by hitting 100% from 49 and under and still hitting 30% over that.

you only need 160 in kicking, upper 80s in strength and confidence, mid 30s for stamina, agility should be up around 70 and vision as close to 100 as you can get. i dont put anything into jumping, and only enough speed to get KOs around the GL.

the longest FG i've ever seen in GLB is 67 and this build can do that and there's no reason to try to build a 80yard FG kicker.. it'll also give the owner/oc confidence in letting kickers try from 50+. i dont generally recommend trying from 60+ unless there's no other good choice, and a miss doesnt cost the game. I also only want TBs to be around 25%, because I have full confidence in my ability to have great coverage teams. I also recommend playing days 200-280 on CPU teams. that will show what their long abilities are, while still having build left to make adjustments. regpro and pro even have some decent MVP eq.

this all depends on on the kicker wanting to be on a high level pro or wl team at plateau.

 
jpjn94
doc ock
offline
Link
 
If he PMs me, I can send him a guide
 
utvols
offline
Link
 
Thanks TJ and Guppy, great info!
Thanks JP, PMd
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
Originally posted by Guppy, Inc

Kicker is different from just about every other position because people build without any regards to actual on field performance. there's lots of wrong answers but really only 1 right answer. you use EQ/AEQ to fill in wherever your build is lacking. i have no idea why people drive up strength so high when it only takes about 90 w/o any big boot/booming kick to make 65y FG or TBs. the more BK/BB that you have you need even less strength. when it comes to accuracy, there are only 3 attributes that specifically mention accuracy and 2 of those are usually lacking on most kickers. confidence is almost always overkilled, but it only comes into play for "pressure situations". i say these things not only from coaching dozens of kicker MVPs but I put it into practice with a 1-time pro/3-time WL MVP, and 4 seasons into DECLINE, he won his last MVP by hitting 100% from 49 and under and still hitting 30% over that.

you only need 160 in kicking, upper 80s in strength and confidence, mid 30s for stamina, agility should be up around 70 and vision as close to 100 as you can get. i dont put anything into jumping, and only enough speed to get KOs around the GL.

the longest FG i've ever seen in GLB is 67 and this build can do that and there's no reason to try to build a 80yard FG kicker.. it'll also give the owner/oc confidence in letting kickers try from 50+. i dont generally recommend trying from 60+ unless there's no other good choice, and a miss doesnt cost the game. I also only want TBs to be around 25%, because I have full confidence in my ability to have great coverage teams. I also recommend playing days 200-280 on CPU teams. that will show what their long abilities are, while still having build left to make adjustments. regpro and pro even have some decent MVP eq.

this all depends on on the kicker wanting to be on a high level pro or wl team at plateau.



Fwiw, I'm currently testing this, with a kicker I'm paying flex for.

I'm doing the exact opposite. I want a kicker with 150+ Strength and about 100 kicking with whatever else for Vision.

My theory is there are short kicks, average kicks, and hard kicks. I'm basing this off the Automatic SA (increases the distance considered a short kick) .

What I'd like to do is see if having obscene amounts of strength, will turn hard kicks into average kicks, and average kicks into short kicks.

It's possible that the game is coded in a way to set limits on what must be a hard kicks. Like it could be hard coded that everything over 60 is hard, and everything under 25 is a short kick (for example).

If that's the case, then Guppy will be absolutely correct. You only want enough strength to make those arbitrary thresholds that are pre programmed.

By having huge strength, it should show whether there's a variable distance penalty based on Strength. I believe the proof will be when my FG percentage is vastly different from the XP percentage.

From a special teams perspective. Personally, I want every kickoff to be a touchback, and every punt to be a fair catch or go OOB. I want it to be a complete waste of time to build a dedicated return man, and ideally that trend with catch on. So many HB slots are used for Return dots, and that isn't taken into account for the creation head count.

 
Guppy, Inc
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
My theory is there are short kicks, average kicks, and hard kicks. I'm basing this off the Automatic SA (increases the distance considered a short kick) .

It's possible that the game is coded in a way to set limits on what must be a hard kicks. Like it could be hard coded that everything over 60 is hard, and everything under 25 is a short kick (for example).

By having huge strength, it should show whether there's a variable distance penalty based on Strength. I believe the proof will be when my FG percentage is vastly different from the XP percentage.

From a special teams perspective. Personally, I want every kickoff to be a touchback, and every punt to be a fair catch or go OOB. I want it to be a complete waste of time to build a dedicated return man, and ideally that trend with catch on. So many HB slots are used for Return dots, and that isn't taken into account for the creation head count.
people will never stop making HB returners because you just cannot do 80 on every KO no matter how hard you try. if the number of returns goes down, then the number of FF stops will go down and that means returners will start returning longer and longer KOs. not to mention how boring that is....lol. plus, a returner makes a pretty decent 3rd/4h down back. so the fewer the ST plays, the more they can play offense.

i doubt very much that strength has any bearing at all on accuracy other than getting it to the crossbar. i've long split FGs into under/over 50. like i told theo the other day, people are completely leaving the RNG out of the equation, and that ultimately has more bearing than any other 1 aspect. just look at how many plateau kickers are near 100% under 50, but then look at the wildly different accuracies over it. not the % but actually where they made/miss from. i can look at a finished build and break them down to 75/50/33% accurate ranges with a pretty good rate of success, but i'll never be able to predict that a kicker can make from 64 1 kick then miss from under 30 the next game. sometimes, you just cant beat the RNG.
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
offline
Link
 
Curiosity question Gup. Accepting that the RNG will screw with things now and then... have you assessed any make %'s based on FG distance combined with kicker build/style/arch?
Say kicker build X will make 98% of FG's under 35... 96% under 50... and 92% from 50-60... then maybe 85% over 60....
Then assess the same %'s with different kicker builds... say one (kicker) with less strength and maybe another like TJ's is trying? I've long thought that there is some kind of penalty applied to the longer the FG try but what I don't know is if all these different builds effect the %'s... or does it simply not matter at all and it's all just RNG?
 
Guppy, Inc
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Guppy, Inc
i can look at a finished build and break them down to 75/50/33% accurate ranges with a pretty good rate of success,


Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Curiosity question Gup. Accepting that the RNG will screw with things now and then... have you assessed any make %'s based on FG distance combined with kicker build/style/arch?
Say kicker build X will make 98% of FG's under 35... 96% under 50... and 92% from 50-60... then maybe 85% over 60....
Then assess the same %'s with different kicker builds... say one (kicker) with less strength and maybe another like TJ's is trying? I've long thought that there is some kind of penalty applied to the longer the FG try but what I don't know is if all these different builds effect the %'s... or does it simply not matter at all and it's all just RNG?


i'm not sure sure what you are asking that my answer didnt already cover. but there are some RNG "rolls" that you will just never beat. it's like playing risk and you are attacking a country with 1 army and you have 4, but they roll 6 6s in a roll. there's absolutely nothing you could have rolled to beat that. but you attacked with 4 instead of 3 because it had increased your chance of success, but you just got unlucky. thats all player builds are for on kickers and punters because they alone perform with little to no input from other players. there are no bad snaps or holds, no punt blocks, very low kick block, so all your build is trying to do is to decrease the amount that is considered a "bad roll", but bad rolls happen that you just could never have built to beat.
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.