User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Page:
 
Guppy, Inc
offline
Link
 
i cant tell for sure, but did this punt bounce at about the 32? if so, why didnt the returner just move up to catch it? i cant recall many, if any, bounces not near the goalline. http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/replay.pl?game_id=2976793&pbp_id=564583
 
drewd21
offline
Link
 
Didn't look like it bounced to me.
 
im317
offline
Link
 
hmm, im not sure. is this the kind of thing that would be in the replay source code?
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
It looks like it does.

I don't use flash, and if you pause the play when the ball is at like the 35 or so, then advance the play one frame at a time, the ball is spinning, then there's like 3 frames when it stops, then it starts spinning again. I'm pretty sure the ball shrinks and grows again too.

 
sunder B
offline
Link
 
I agree with TJ. I see the ball shrink and get big again.

Looks like a CPU power DE is the returner. Maybe the punt was going to land short and he couldn't get to the landing spot in time, so he let it bounce. Wonder if it is coded that way on purpose. Definitely not a realistic football bounce, but still interesting to see nonetheless
Edited by sunder B on Sep 9, 2019 13:47:21
 
FatLoad
offline
Link
 
Click the "enhance" button for the replay. It makes everything sharper and more detailed. You'll see so much that you couldn't see before.
 
Guppy, Inc
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by FatLoad
Click the "enhance" button for the replay. It makes everything sharper and more detailed. You'll see so much that you couldn't see before.


unfortunately, better replays no longer run on my PCs, so i'm stuck with the slower framerate.
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
It looks like it does.

I don't use flash, and if you pause the play when the ball is at like the 35 or so, then advance the play one frame at a time, the ball is spinning, then there's like 3 frames when it stops, then it starts spinning again. I'm pretty sure the ball shrinks and grows again too.



Originally posted by sunder B
I agree with TJ. I see the ball shrink and get big again.

Looks like a CPU power DE is the returner. Maybe the punt was going to land short and he couldn't get to the landing spot in time, so he let it bounce. Wonder if it is coded that way on purpose. Definitely not a realistic football bounce, but still interesting to see nonetheless


I agree with the assessments and will add that, I'm fairly sure that once the ball does hit the ground, nobody (on the return team) will touch it... unless it's a kickoff. I've never seen a punt picked up after bouncing.
 
darncat
offline
Link
 
It surely does bounce.
The returner lets the ball bounce because he is too damn slow to return kicks.
Why is a D end returning punts? Even a horrible returner gets that on the fly.
To answer your question: he let it bounce because he was too slow to get there
in time to catch the ball in the air before it hit the ground.

Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
I agree with the assessments and will add that, I'm fairly sure that once the ball does hit the ground, nobody (on the return team) will touch it... unless it's a kickoff. I've never seen a punt picked up after bouncing.


The punting team can down the kick, but it rarely ever happens; usually it will bounce out of bounds
or the return man will eventually get it before that happens. It does happen (ultra-rarely) though
and is noted in the description of the play in the play-by-play as punt downed by whatever player.
Edited by darncat on Sep 10, 2019 04:25:55
 
Jack Daniels
offline
Link
 
The ball bounce at the 30 Yard line, if showing in Flash Mode.
 
darncat
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
The ball bounce at the 30 Yard line, if showing in Flash Mode.


I don't use the flash (kinda wonder how it looks on there but I prefer the classic replays)
but on these also you can see it bounce, as i think a couple people have said, the spin changes
as the ball hits the ground when it shrinks to its smallest, and then gets bigger as it bounces into the air
 
darncat
offline
Link
 
This is NA Pro?!? What the hell happened to NA Pro League?

Originally posted by drewd21
Didn't look like it bounced to me.

dude, you are the ST coach for this team. why haven't you set a KR/PR?
the punt totally bounced, as all can see, and its because you put a DE returning kicks.
are you playing a different game? we can all see that it bounced obviously.
it would have taken the fraction of the time it took you to respond to this thread
to have put a HB or WR or even a CB at PR and it wouldn't happen again

 
Guppy, Inc
offline
Link
 
there arent enough full teams left to fill 2 pro leagues, let alone 4. there's a cpu team currently sitting in 3rd place
 
ProfessionalKop
Gangstalicious
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by darncat

This is NA Pro?!? What the hell happened to NA Pro League?


that's why it's so funny you dropped from pro so you could play in reg pro 3.
 
drewd21
offline
Link
 

Originally posted by darncat

dude, you are the ST coach for this team. why haven't you set a KR/PR?
the punt totally bounced, as all can see, and its because you put a DE returning kicks.
are you playing a different game? we can all see that it bounced obviously.
it would have taken the fraction of the time it took you to respond to this thread
to have put a HB or WR or even a CB at PR and it wouldn't happen again



Dude, it's a CPU team that is just a holding team for spare DS players....I ain't wasting my time setting no depth charts or tactics!
 
Page:
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.