User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Page:
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
offline
Link
 
So... Vision literally means how damn far the QB can SEE down the field well... and the better his vision, the better the aim of his passes. Strength would then effect the passing velocity and, perhaps, assisting in what 'sets the QB's max passing distance'? I'd guess the original 'max distance' setting is based off of Throwing mostly? All of which begs the question why is Strength a Primary skill for a Bomber QB arch if it doesn't effect the distance/quality of the long throw? It has to effect it somehow.

I would think Agility effects the # of bad passes you get since it says it 'effects throwing mechanics'. Again, just spitballing here.
 
im317
offline
Link
 
strength affects pass distance, vision effects the ability to see down the field. so tons of either without the other and you wont see deep passes because the QB either cant throw that far or cant see the receiver is even there to throw too. and as i read it the shorter the pass is relative to your max pass distance (determined in large part by strength) the lower the penalty to pass quality. so having more strength means less distance penalty on a 20 yard pass even if you can throw it 60 yards.
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
offline
Link
 
So I was close enough?
Strength = max distance number when considering penalty to throwing skill.
Vision = quality of pass plus ability to SEE well enough to attempt the pass (and, perhaps, even the quality of the pass itself).
Agility effects throwing mechanics so effecting 'bad throw #' ?
Throwing effects everything.
Speed kills.
And punting is worthless since GLB doesn't allow drop kicks.
 
im317
offline
Link
 
honestly i only ever built 1 QB and it was a rushing QB. plus i have never OCed either. im just going by what i can find quotes of.
 
Guppy, Inc
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Even if we can't watch the replay, Bort's answer still stands true. Basically, any movement by the QB will cause a hit to QB's accuracy and even though it's a penalized SA for Deep and Pocket style QB's, I guess you still want to put SP's into 'On The Run'.


which means that bort designed for the QB to be forced to use penalized SAs.
 
Novus
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Guppy, Inc
which means that bort designed for the QB to be forced to use penalized SAs.


Quite a few things in GLB seem to be built around trade-offs of some sort. Wouldn't surprise me if the best-performing build for a dot ends up utilizing a penalized SA.
 
darncat
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
So... Vision literally means how damn far the QB can SEE down the field well... and the better his vision, the better the aim of his passes. Strength would then effect the passing velocity and, perhaps, assisting in what 'sets the QB's max passing distance'? I'd guess the original 'max distance' setting is based off of Throwing mostly? All of which begs the question why is Strength a Primary skill for a Bomber QB arch if it doesn't effect the distance/quality of the long throw? It has to effect it somehow.

I would think Agility effects the # of bad passes you get since it says it 'effects throwing mechanics'. Again, just spitballing here. o_O


Strength totally affects those things. The closer a pass is to being at max distance,
the more penalty potential to Pass Quality. This isn't even a close thing- its an arc.
to throw 50% of your max distance is far easier than say, 80% of it. If you are at 100%,
that is very difficult to have good accuracy and spiral on it. Therefore, the longer the QB can throw,
the farther he can throw with less penalty potential. Does this make sense?

On the other point, you are totally correct. A QB with low agility has terrible mechanics-
thus his passing is inconsistent even in good situations, and when moving the slightest
(even if its an inch an hour due to being so slow) his passes will suck balls, and no amount
of OTR SA will make up for that. Never purposely make any player unnecessarily nonathletic.
If you could have a million agility, it would only benefit you. Obviously you need to have many other skills
and balance the need for one with the others. That being said, there is no such thing as 'too much agility'
for any position at all, especially QB- only a question of "too much agility to be able to afford other things
that the player needs more". I hope that makes sense as well
 
darncat
offline
Link
 
Imagine the QBs max throwing range is an arc.
He can't throw beyond that arc. The further
towards the end of the arc he has to throw to
the more penalty to accuracy and Pass Quality.
Therefore, the bigger that arc is (longer max pass range)
not only can the QB throw it further, but also within that range
throw farther with less adverse affect to accuracy and PQ due to distance
 
Novus
offline
Link
 
How far would we have to throw Darncat to get him to stop telling people to kill themselves?
 
darncat
offline
Link
 
wow, that loser troll really has no life;
he has no friends and no one who cares about him
but its still no excuse for him to troll and harass people.
I guess he was raised poorly and can't help but be an incel snowflake crybaby
 
Rocdog21
Sancho
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by darncat
wow, that loser troll really has no life;
he has no friends and no one who cares about him
but its still no excuse for him to troll and harass people.
I guess he was raised poorly and can't help but be an incel snowflake crybaby


Pot meet kettle.
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
well, that did sort of come out of left field. everyone was playing nicely
 
Novus
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
well, that did sort of come out of left field. everyone was playing nicely


Have you seen Darncat's posting in other threads this week?

Saying he's playing nice in this thread is like saying, "Well, Hitler hasn't attacked anything here in India." I don't care, and I have zero interest in pretending he can add value to the forums or the game at this point. He's toxic. And the mods and admins have shown through their inaction on Darncat that they have zero interest in enforcing the forum rules, so I have zero interest in following them. Darncat needs to leave.
 
Sonic
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Novus
Have you seen Darncat's posting in other threads this week?

Saying he's playing nice in this thread is like saying, "Well, Hitler hasn't attacked anything here in India." I don't care, and I have zero interest in pretending he can add value to the forums or the game at this point. He's toxic. And the mods and admins have shown through their inaction on Darncat that they have zero interest in enforcing the forum rules, so I have zero interest in following them. Darncat needs to leave.


Iím with TJ this time Novus. No need to drag other threads into a thread thatís playing nice. Post like the rest of the posters have been,
 
Page:
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.