User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Page:
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
online
Link
 
So I was trying to decipher the "On The Run" SA for QB's and it got me thinking... just when does the penalty for 'being on the run' apply to a QB? Is it when the QB has left the pocket completely? Is it just whenever the QB is moving at all (like dropping back into the pocket)? Is the penalty more severe the more (faster?) the QB is moving? Does the penalty go away if the QB resets itself before throwing?
In other words is it (On The Run) worth picking up even for a Deep Passer or Pocket Passer arch even though it's penalized?
 
im317
online
Link
 
i could have sworn i read something about this very recently. oh i looked and it was you over here http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=5300510&page=2

so idk, sorry.
 
darncat
offline
Link
 
the answer is yes (to all but your first 'yes-no', and maybe last, question)
moving at all lowers the odds of a good pass quality- the more moving, the bigger hit to it.
However, moving up in the pocket doesn't seem to have the same effect-
in fact my QB seems to be able to throw a bit further when stepping up, if she isn't hurried.
People have sometimes wondered whether OtR can make a pass better in this situation
but that's another question. As for the last question, that really depends:
how often does your QB have to move while throwing, and is that worth the cost which you could
spend on other things? I'd say the o-line plays a part in this along with the QB. Also, good agility
seems to mitigate to at least some extent how well the QB throws on the move in the first place,
so that is something to take into account as well. So the answer to the last question could only
be answered knowing the specifics of your situation, and even then probably not precisely.
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
online
Link
 
Originally posted by im317
i could have sworn i read something about this very recently. oh i looked and it was you over here http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=5300510&page=2

so idk, sorry.


Old age creepin up on me.
 
Qillar
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Old age creepin up on me.


Apparently crept up, hog tied you, and threw you down the well.
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
online
Link
 
Originally posted by Qillar
Apparently crept up, hog tied you, and threw you down the well.


 
BigRatUno
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
QB penalty query?


GLB shouldn't penalize query QBs at all.

 
ProRobber
offline
Link
 
Just spent a couple hours going through Q&A. Finding some weird stuff I didn't know, but nothing realated to this. Going to keep on it though.

I've got nothing better to do on a Saturday morning.



 
Gambler75
offline
Link
 
Only Q&A mention I could find below.

http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=4370119 -> about half way down.

Originally posted by 10/20/2010 Q&A
Doug_Plank: Question about pass quality hits when a QB is "passing while moving"
This QB was set to "scramble never" yet moves around the pocket alot. As do many QBs
http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?game_id=1416629&pbp_id=8336926
Q1) Does the above constitute a hit to pass qual by virtue of "passing while moving"
Q2) Would the OnTheRun SA help buffer pass quality even in the above situations where it's *not* an official 'scramble' since not going outside the pocket?

Bort: Yes to both.
 
ProfessionalKop
Gangstalicious
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Gambler75
Only Q&A mention I could find below.

http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=4370119 -> about half way down.

Originally posted by 10/20/2010 Q&A

Doug_Plank: Question about pass quality hits when a QB is "passing while moving"
This QB was set to "scramble never" yet moves around the pocket alot. As do many QBs
http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?game_id=1416629&pbp_id=8336926
Q1) Does the above constitute a hit to pass qual by virtue of "passing while moving"
Q2) Would the OnTheRun SA help buffer pass quality even in the above situations where it's *not* an official 'scramble' since not going outside the pocket?

Bort: Yes to both.


replays from this season are no longer available
 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
online
Link
 
Originally posted by ProfessionalKop
replays from this season are no longer available


Even if we can't watch the replay, Bort's answer still stands true. Basically, any movement by the QB will cause a hit to QB's accuracy and even though it's a penalized SA for Deep and Pocket style QB's, I guess you still want to put SP's into 'On The Run'.
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Even if we can't watch the replay, Bort's answer still stands true. Basically, any movement by the QB will cause a hit to QB's accuracy and even though it's a penalized SA for Deep and Pocket style QB's, I guess you still want to put SP's into 'On The Run'.


Or build a QB with low enough agility and speed, so that they don't wiggle around

That's how I'd build a QB. 1-cap in each. Save the rest for more throwing. I'm also starting to believe that Strength is way better than I previously thought. One time I read somewhere that if a max distance is 30 and you throw 30, then the pass quality sucks. So I'm thinking if you could throw 120 then 30 would be amazing quality. You could also dial in more loft.

 
Theo Wizzago
Coyote
online
Link
 
Originally posted by TJ Spikes
Or build a QB with low enough agility and speed, so that they don't wiggle around

That's how I'd build a QB. 1-cap in each. Save the rest for more throwing. I'm also starting to believe that Strength is way better than I previously thought. One time I read somewhere that if a max distance is 30 and you throw 30, then the pass quality sucks. So I'm thinking if you could throw 120 then 30 would be amazing quality. You could also dial in more loft.



Hmmm... veddy interestink. As for the loft part, it took me some time to buy into the "no max bullet" ideal of QB throwing but I can see the difference. Helps if your receivers put at least something into Jumping too.
 
im317
online
Link
 
"Originally posted by Bort
PQ is mainly based on vision and throwing ability, though things like confidence and SA's go into it too. It is affected downward by the pass distance compared to the QB's max pass distance, if the QB fails a check against it. So if a QB can only throw 30 yards, and the pass is 30 yards, pass quality is very likely going to be lessened, and a wobbly pass results. "

relevant quote. also well its super outdated there is a ton of good quotes to be found in an easy format here http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3938152
 
TJ Spikes
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by im317
"Originally posted by Bort
PQ is mainly based on vision and throwing ability, though things like confidence and SA's go into it too. It is affected downward by the pass distance compared to the QB's max pass distance, if the QB fails a check against it. So if a QB can only throw 30 yards, and the pass is 30 yards, pass quality is very likely going to be lessened, and a wobbly pass results. "

relevant quote. also well its super outdated there is a ton of good quotes to be found in an easy format here http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3938152


ok so I'm not completely crazy, but it's a bit more complicated

if it's specifically affected downwards, then there wouldn't be a positive modifier for shorter passes. the best you could do is 0 penalty, so there's definitely a point of diminishing returns.

so... instead of running up agility and strength, 100+ vision becomes easily attainable

 
Page:
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.