User Pass
Home Sign Up Contact Log In
Forum > Test Server Discussion > Looking Ahead: Topics Under Discussion 9/14
Page:
 
blankspace
offline
Link
 
Hey guys, here's what a lot of people have been looking for. Unfortunately r8 has been busy and he has handed the torch to me to make these threads. I'll try to make one of these every once in a while when we get a few major updates in the test server and other things. Well, here you go.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Major Topics and Additions░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

#1 - If you have been keeping up with the test server updates, you would know by now that Bort has implemented the new pass block code on the test server! Awesome addition that hopefully stops a lot of the exploits caused by the DPC (hopefully being the key word). It's very well possible that it will be ready for use next season. For more details, go to my other thread in this same forum. I explain it a little more with details and examples: http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3246622

And just a little side note to go along with this, Bort is also updating an exact order of who should block who. If I went into details, this would be tl;dr. Basically, those 5 WR exploits should be getting fixed.

#2 - The newest option updated so far in the test server is also a long awaited one for the DC's in this game, the Select Personnel Modifications option. Here's a visual example here: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8374/selectpersonnelmodifica.jpg
Basic understanding of it is that you can choose who you want to play for the LB and NT positions in certain plays if you want. Also, the new Coverage Cushion option for your defenders.

#3 - Screens have been modified along with the new pass block code as well.

Originally posted by Bort
the T and G cannot go downfield until the ball is thrown (ineligible receivers), so they must wait.


So now, instead of have the T's and G's going completely down the field killing the CBs and safeties, they have to wait. Will balance out the screen play.

#4 - As via the Announcement by Bort, the coaches will be put to hold until possibly the next season. He's still working on the whole concept, and we have no examples as of yet. Ideas are still being thrown around.

#5 - Bort has also updated that pesky little bug where when a QB scrambles, and a DE is set to a flat zone, he would not go after the QB even if he had a clean shot.

Originally posted by Bort
New upload: DE's in the flats should now attack QB's who roll out towards them much better. I've made the required distance before they go for them increase over time, so the longer the play runs on, the more likely they are to attack the QB.


Just recently tested it out myself, so go ahead and check it out: http://test.goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=1425

#6 - New options for the soon-to-be retired players. Once your player reaches decline and hit that plateau, you have options to choose from to convert those points such as extra bonus tokens, training points, skill points, or plain money. Drk's post in the Test Blog provides a good example: http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=2220675&page=4

#7 - Hurries are actually doing something to the pass quality of the QB. QB's now make more wild throws when feeling pressured (hurried).

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Small Bugs Being Looked At░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

└ Play Diagram Accuracy being closely looked at by your very own cwisler
└ FB block/path issues are being looked at as well by cwisler
└ The "freezing" of players, which Bort thinks might be because of the Shock Block SA with high amount of stun time


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Quick Hits - Topics and Suggestions that have been briefly mentioned░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

└ Tweaking the Repeat Play Tendency
└ Talking about assigning skill points from initial creation date to prevent the reroll script that slows down the site, via this thread: http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3255831
 
Frycicle
offline
Link
 
Very nice stuff. I just hope that QBs will be able to complete passes after the hurry update. I guess this will put a premium on good pass blockers.

One question though. When will we be able to sub in and out on defense based on whose on the offense? This is important because I'm tired of seeing Randy Moss play TE and no one being able to recognize it.
Edited by Frycicle on Sep 14, 2009 22:28:43
 
tragula
title
offline
Link
 
Ty blankspace
 
blankspace
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Frycicle
Very nice stuff. I just hope that QBs will be able to complete passes after the hurry update. I guess this will put a premium on good pass blockers.

One question though. When will we be able to sub in and out on defense based on whose on the offense? This is important because I'm tired of seeing Randy Moss play TE and no one being able to recognize it.


The tagging thing is still being worked on by Bort, so we haven't even tested it yet. All these things have a possibility of being ready for this next season, but that's possibly.

As for tagging players, I can't give you an honest answer but I can give a good guess and say that Bort might have it testable by next season. When/if he does, I'll write about it of course and provide as much information as I can.
 
Zoblefu
offline
Link
 
I assume all of this is on the test server but none on live yet?
 
r8
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by Zoblefu
I assume all of this is on the test server but none on live yet?


Correct.

Also, I <3 blankspace.
 
Joe Buck
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by blankspace
Just recently tested it out myself, so go ahead and check it out: http://test.goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=1425

#6 - New options for the soon-to-be retired players. Once your player reaches decline and hit that plateau, you have options to choose from to convert those points such as extra bonus tokens, training points, skill points, or plain money. Drk's post in the Test Blog provides a good example: http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=2220675&page=4

#7 - Hurries are actually doing something to the pass quality of the QB. QB's now make more wild throws when feeling pressured (hurried).

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Small Bugs Being Looked At░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

└ Play Diagram Accuracy being closely looked at by your very own cwisler
└ FB block/path issues are being looked at as well by cwisler
└ The "freezing" of players, which Bort thinks might be because of the Shock Block SA with high amount of stun time


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Quick Hits - Topics and Suggestions that have been briefly mentioned░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

└ Tweaking the Repeat Play Tendency
└ Talking about assigning skill points from initial creation date to prevent the reroll script that slows down the site, via this thread: http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3255831



hmm post quote bug? it wont let me quote anything above point #5 lol.


Didnt we already have Personnell Modification?
 
blankspace
offline
Link
 
No, the live server doesn't have the Personnel Modification in the AI.
 
TxSteve
Not A Mod
offline
Link
 
Question -

With the implementation of Hurries having more of an effect on Morale (and I assume - Morale having more of an effect on QB performance?) -

Has anyone looked at whether LB SA's could actually be effective - or more importantly could be TOO effective?

or are those going to affect totally different aspects of the QB?
 
pottsman
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by blankspace
No, the live server doesn't have the Personnel Modification in the AI.


You sure? Because I;ve been using NT1/2 for two seaons now.
 
blankspace
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by pottsman
Originally posted by blankspace

No, the live server doesn't have the Personnel Modification in the AI.


You sure? Because I;ve been using NT1/2 for two seaons now.


The new part of the Personnel Modification in the AI is the coverage distances.
Edited by blankspace on Sep 15, 2009 11:49:51
Edited by blankspace on Sep 15, 2009 11:49:05
 
blankspace
offline
Link
 
Originally posted by TxSteve
Question -

With the implementation of Hurries having more of an effect on Morale (and I assume - Morale having more of an effect on QB performance?) -

Has anyone looked at whether LB SA's could actually be effective - or more importantly could be TOO effective?

or are those going to affect totally different aspects of the QB?


I want to say that the LB's and D Linemen who have put points in demoralizing SA's may get a little boost, but that's a guess, not a fact. Since morale is a huge factor with the whole hurrying concept and collapsed pocket, maybe those SA's will be of more importance.
 
Anarcho
offline
Link
 
Nevermind.
Edited by Anarcho on Sep 15, 2009 11:50:54
 
TxSteve
Not A Mod
offline
Link
 
but - as you are testing the impact that hurries and sacks have on QB morale -AND QB performance -


and - if (as has been reported) the early incarnation of that code was TOO STRONG.


then - don't those LB SA's need to be, you know, actually tested before this would go live??



I would think any modifications to the Morale code would result in all Morale affecting abilities being tested as well - to make sure nothing has been knocked out of balance
 
blankspace
offline
Link
 
Our defenders do have SA's in them; check out their builds as they are listed I believe. I want to say that the code isn't officially done (nothing is really finished until it's uploaded to the live server) so test are still being done but I don't think a LB with 10's across his SA tree is going to kill the QBs moral with one or two sacks.

As Bort said, Morale is constantly a changing factor throughout the plays, so it's no set number.
 
Page:
 


You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.